How secure is Typeset?Last Updated: December 23, 2019
Your research is your life’s work. We know that. That’s why protecting your content on Typeset is our first priority. We use physical, procedural and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information.
Your Data is Secure
- Data hosted in secure SSAE 16 / SOC1 certified data centers
- Access restrictions on our servers to better protect your information
- Firewalls implemented to prevent unauthorized access
- Amazon Web Services (RDS & S3) for managing your data
- Regular snapshots of the database taken and moved securely to separate datacenter for backup in case of regional Amazon failure
All servers that run Typeset.io software in production is recent, continuously patched Linux systems. Additional hosted services that we utilize, such as Amazon Cloud Storage, are comprehensively hardened infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) platforms.
Our web servers use the strongest grade of HTTPS security (TLS 1.2) so that requests are protected from eavesdroppers and man-in-the-middle attacks. Our SSL certificates are 2048 bit RSA, signed with SHA256.
Should I be concerned about the security of my data?
Not at all.
Given the nature of Typeset and our mission to help researchers build effective research papers, we built Typeset from the beginning with data security in mind. Typeset production data is processed and stored within world-renowned data centers, which use state-of-the-art multilayer access, alerting, and auditing measures, including:
- perimeter fencing
- vehicle access barriers
- custom-designed electronic access cards
- biometric checks
- laser beam intrusion detection
- continuous external and internal security camera surveillance
- 24x7 trained security guards
Have questions, concerns or suggestions? Write to us at email@example.com or talk to us on Chat. You can also WhatsApp us at +91-8431021544